Basic bread workshop (about 2 hours)
Techniques to make bread and the scientific background of the process are discussed in this basic baking class. You will knead and shape the dough while we address your baking questions and demonstrate ways to prevent food waste by reusing old bread as an ingredient that makes better bread. You will get important baking tips and a recipe to continue at home. Coffee, tea and something small to taste is included in this basic workshop. The bread you bake is there to take home.
Explore bread, what more to expect?
- To learn how to make bread is more like a journey in which you experiment and explore to start develop a feeling for the process. In other words, you cannot learn to make bread in 2 hours. However….
- During this short and intensive workshop we give you important tips that are often not mentioned in cooking books or internet video’s, but should be part of your “baking compass”.
- Prevent food waste by reusing old bread as an ingredient that makes better bread
- We demonstrate how different products can be baked from one mother dough and how to improve their quality.
- The workshops are sometimes structured more organically depending on the level of the group.
- If you are looking for a workshop in which you are guided through a recipe step-by-step, in a way similar to the many videos on the internet or instructions provided in cookbooks, you might want to follow somewhere else a workshop.
- Reuse old bread as ingredient to make better bread
- Looking for a creative workshop that places bread in a scientific context and where food waste, taste and the use of your hands play an important role? You are now in the right place!
- More workshops
- Video-impression bakery
- Read article Elise de Jong about bread
- Check dates and register for this workshop
Circular Bakery & Food Waste
During the workshop, attention is also paid to food waste. According to the Dutch nutrition center, between 106 and 147 kg per person of food per year is thrown away in the Netherlands. Bread scores high on the list of food waste. We also demonstrate how you can reuse stale bread as a bread improver.
|Foreknowledge Workshop||Not necessary|
|Duration:||About 2 hours|