Recipe in a nutshell
- Put flour (300 gram, pinch of yeast, 6 gram of salt in a bowl
- Add 210 ml warm / lukewarm water to the mix
- Mix it well (you don’t have to knead it)
- Let it ferment for about 12 hours (room temperature) (closed container, prevent it form drying out)
- Stretch & fold twice. Do this preferably at least twice with a break of 30 – 60 min at the end of the day. More stretch and folds will improve the dough structure further.
- Do a poking test, is the dough springy, a live?
- Let de dough proof after the last stretch and fold for at least 30 to 40 minutes at room temperature, place the dough in a closed container in the refrigerator.
- Bake it in a hot oven (closed Dutch Oven, about 230 ° C, 35 minutes) the next day, the cold dough can go directly into the hot pan + lid.
- Remove the lid after 10 or 20 min so that the crust can form (let steam escape)
- Allow the bread to cool outside the oven for about 1 hour before tasting it
Old – stale – bread?
Use water and rehydrate your bread and bake it again briefly in the oven. Or use old bread to improve your next baking!