Make your own fresh pizza at home… With a little help from us!
- Before baking ensure the dough has come up to room temperature.
- Preheat your oven to 230 degrees. Place a flat baking tray inside, let this get nice and hot.
- Get your baking sheet / surface and flour this generously. Sprinkle some flour on the dough and roll out with a rolling pin (a wine bottle also works) to about 1cm thickness – it’ll rise in the oven. The dough may spring back but applying more pressure will maintain its shape!
- Once your dough is evenly rolled out, apply the pizza sauce on top and spread to 2 cm from the rim.
- Take out the preheated baking tray from the oven, and carefully place the pizza and baking sheet beneath onto the tray.
- Place in the oven for 4-5 minutes for a pre-bake! This is so the dough can get a head start to prevent a soggy base!
- Take out the pizza after 5 minutes. Oil the crust and add your toppings.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes